- Department: Cardiology
- Expertise:Transradial procedures for Coronaries and Peripheral Interventions
- Experience:More than 18 years
Dr. Anand M. Rao
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DNB (Cardiology),FSCAI (USA)
- Cath Lab and ICCU Registrar in Mediciti Hospital, Hyderabad for 6 months in the year 1997.
- Resident Cath Lab.Registrar in Breach Candy Hospital for 3 months in 1998.
- Registrar Cardiology at Dr.B.Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai in the year 1998-1999.
- Joined as DNB Cardiology candidate in 1999 and completed in the year July 2002.
- 3 years of Cardiology postings. Had rotations in Wards, Non-Invasive depts, Cath lab and Coronary Care Units.
- Underwent complex angioplasty training programme under Dr.Keith Dawkins at Southampton General Hospital, UK.
- Currently working as an independent Interventional Cardiologist. Involved in performing complex Coronary Interventions through Transradial route.
- Has performed independently Valvulo-and peripheral plasties.
- Has assisted in pediatric invasive procedures and has been involved actively in Electro-Physiology programmes
Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- Life Member of Association of Physicians of India.
- Life Member of Cardiological Society of India and Indian College of Interventional Cardiology.
- Worked as Organising Secretary for Cardiology Summit 2004 and 2006 Mumbai, India.
- Course Co-ordinator for Transradial Live 2005 held in Mumbai.