- Moves head from left to right while lying on stomach.
- Head falls backwards if not supported.
- Makes tight fists.
- Raises head when resting on forearms.
- Turns head when lying on stomach.
- About to roll from the stomach to the back.
- Head and arm posture is symmetrical when lying on the back.
- Rolls partway from back to side.
- Opens and shuts fists.
- Stretches and kicks legs when lying on stomach or back.
- Takes weight on legs briefly when feet are placed on a firm surface.
- Takes hands to mouth.
- Grasps and moves hand held toys.
- Rolls easily from front to back and back to front.
- When lying on stomach, pushes up hands keeping elbows straight.
- When lying on stomach, moves about in a circle.
- Raises head when lying on the back.
- Sits using support of the hands and keeps head erect.
- Active when sitting with support.
- Goes on hands and knees into a crawl position.
- Crawls on all fours.
- Can move while sitting on buttocks.
- Sits indefinitely without support.
- Can sit up from the lying position without help.
- Stands up holding on to furniture.
- Stands momentarily without support.
- Takes steps holding on to furniture.
- Able to walk with one hand held.
- Crawls up stairs.
Basic Child Care